FAQs ~ Fishing
- Do I need a fishing license to fish on the shenandoah River?
- Yes. The Shenandoah River is a public fishing river. We sell licenses at our campground store.
- Are there places to fish at ORC that do not require a license?
- Yes. ORC has 2 catch and release stocked fishing ponds that can be enjoyed by our guests.
- Are there fish in the ORC property portion of the Shenandoah river?
- Yes. The picture above are catfish that were caught from the banks of the ORC property. ORC has some of the best fishing holes on this stretch of the river.
- Does ORC rent fishing equipment?
- No however our campground store sells bait, tackle, and poles.
What type of fish species are in the Shenandoah River?
A5 - The Shenandoah River is known for small and large mouth bass. anglers can also catch channel cat fish, sun fish, crappie, and muskellunge. American eel, white sucker, northern hogsucker, common carp, yellow bullhead, and redhorse are some additional fish species commonly found in the Shenandoah River that anglers may encounter.